Want to start a business in Alexandria?
It can be easier to buy an existing business, and BizBuySell’s latest listings show all types of companies for sale in the city.
The website aggregates numerous listings for business sales, and names and locations are usually left out.
Reasons for selling, when given, usually do not mention economic hardship, but more often include owner retirement or lack of time to actively manage the business.
Here are some currently listed:
- A winning barbecue restaurant — “High volume, high profit BBQ restaurant for sale in Alexandria Virginia. This restaurant has been in business for 7 years and has an outstanding reputation in Northern Virginia. Serving the highest quality meat with the best spices and sauces in the area. Located on a busy and densely populated road in Alexandria. 2021 sales exceeded $900,000 with owner earning $150,000. Excellent opportunity for a new owner to take this turnkey business to the next level. Catering van included in purchase price. Option to purchase a food truck for an additional $35,000.
- Main Location Full Service Restaurant & Bar MRB VA 1141 — “A full service restaurant and bar located in the heart of Alexandria. This restaurant is in a prime location on a main road surrounded by residential, commercial and office buildings with high foot traffic. A very sought after area in Alexandria. This large restaurant seats 250 people inside with outdoor seating. High end furniture and fixtures along with a full service bar surrounded by televisions. A large kitchen with first-class equipment, ready for any menu. This restaurant can be remodeled to suit most menus and concepts. A great opportunity for anyone looking to expand an existing restaurant to the next level.”
- Boutique accessories and dog food — “An amazing boutique dog shop in charming and wealthy Old Town Alexandria. The business has been growing since its inception in 2010. The high visibility location attracts hundreds of customers every week. This business does NOT sell or take in dogs.’
- Former hair salon in Fairlington — “Formerly a hair salon called Primary Colors, a hair salon in business for twenty years. Now the space is open and is still built as a hair salon, but the space can also be changed to become a different business.
- RE owned deli — The owner is retiring after 30 years in the business. The restaurant is open five days a week for breakfast and lunch.
- Well established laundromat — “All washers and dryers in excellent condition. NO coin! Just a map! The owner stops by the store once a week. 50 washing machines, 52 dryers.
- Selling a profitable restaurant — “Great location, great visibility, long lease term, plenty of parking, in a busy shopping center with many other businesses crowded with customers daily, this restaurant is built from the state of cold storage with new kitchen equipment, freezer, cooler, HVAC….., it is clean and offers a long useful life for the new owner to be able to do business years from now without any major upgrading. This restaurant may convert to another cuisine as there is currently no other restaurant with this cuisine in the mall.
- MRB VA 1107 High Volume Profitable Bakery & Cafe — “By purchasing this bakery, cafe, and catering company for sale in a very busy shopping center in Fairfax County, Virginia, you’ll be ready to go on your first day! This well-known operation produces $1.8 million from its multiple food service revenue streams. It is fully equipped and enables you to serve a full restaurant menu, special occasion cakes, cakes and pastries, including gluten-free items, sugar-free treats and food for allergy-sensitive customers.”
- Dog waste removal company — “Currently 500 active customers and growing fast! Fully equipped and great reviews. The owner wants to relocate and invest in a new venture.”