Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur collaborators are their own.
Founded in 2017, Stride Fitness is a treadmill-based interval training concept that provides a complete full-body workout designed for every fitness level. An engaging program led by dynamic, certified fitness professionals and utilizing heart rate monitoring technology, Stride Fitness offers a supportive and inclusive environment to participate in three distinctive class formats, including interval, endurance-based and strength training.
With studios in some of the most competitive markets in the United States and nearly 90 licensed locations, Stride Fitness is the first and only treadmill-based interval training brand. Based on the world’s most versatile modality, which has recently undergone a revival and participation, Stride Fitness provides an effective and dynamic full-body workout to a loyal, growing member base.
Stride is the first and only indoor running franchise. Stride’s treadmill-based cardio and strength classes are perfect for any level of walker, jogger or runner – redefining the definition of a runner. At Stride, certified running coaches lead dynamic interval classes, and members choose their speed and intensity on Woodway’s state-of-the-art treadmills to suit their fitness level and goals.
The Stride concept consists of three primary class formats and a unique leveling system that allows customers to adopt each class as a walker or runner. Each individual can find the workout that challenges them best and matches their fitness abilities.
There are numerous benefits to consider in becoming a Stride Fitness franchise owner, including the following proof points.
- First mover advantage: With studios in some of the most competitive markets in the US, there are still huge market opportunities. Be the first to introduce Stride to your local market and help others find their finish line.
- Smart investment and experienced support: Along with Stride Fitness attracting a wide range of market members, prospective franchisees also enjoy low-cost access, a recurring revenue model, strong EBITDA margins and the confidence of a team with decades of fitness franchising experience.
- Executive model: Stride’s franchise model provides a fully scalable business, allowing owners to define their own success. Franchisees benefit from development costs and relationships with national suppliers, enabling them to launch successful studios.
- Evolving Member Experience: The experience of Stride members is at the heart of what they do. The brand curates and consistently updates class programming and music while empowering coaches to facilitate member growth, class after class.
Are you considering owning a franchise? Get started now and find the personalized list of franchises that fit your lifestyle, interests and budget.
Stride is part of the Xponential Fitness family of brands, a curator of leading fitness and wellness brands in every boutique fitness vertical. With decades of fitness and franchise experience on staff, Xponential Fitness has the resources and network to ensure continued growth and support for its franchise owners.
How Much Does a Stride Fitness Franchise Cost?
To open a Stride Fitness franchise, here are the financial requirements, cash required, and current franchise fees associated with business ownership.
Initial Franchise Fee: $60,000.
Initial investment: $372,412 to $533,512.
Net worth required: $500,000.
Cash needed: $100,000.
Royalty fee: 7%.
Advertising fee: 2%.
Contract term: 10 years.
A Stride Fitness franchise does not offer in-house financing for applicants, but maintains relationships with several third-party financing sources that offer financing to cover the franchise fee, start-up costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable and payroll. Please review item 7 of the 2022 Stride Fitness FDD for explanatory notes and additional details.
Support and training offered by Stride Fitness
The Xponential and Stride Fitness team have the resources and network to ensure continued growth and support. Brand teams guide new owners through the entire opening process, from site selection, lease negotiations and construction to studio staffing, membership sales activation and studio marketing. Stride provides extensive ongoing training, weekly and monthly update webinars, and one-on-one support to guide owners as their business matures.
Comprehensive training and extensive ongoing support are key to success as a Stride franchise owner. Here are the specific areas in which the brand assists franchisees in the system.
- Property: The brand’s expert team will guide owners through the entire process, from site selection to lease execution, finding the perfect location for their Stride Fitness studio.
- Finance: Stride’s finance team can assist with loan processing through the SBA and preferred financiers.
- Construction and design: Stride Fitness will guide new owners through the entire process of building their new franchise location, from corporate approved layout and general construction to interior design, site security and technology.
- Sales: Franchisees can expect comprehensive and ongoing sales training, monthly calls and expert guidance — from pre-sale, through grand opening and sustainability. New owners are introduced to the sales process, retail assortment, app and POS system, allowing them to drive sales from the start.
- Marketing: The moment new owners complete their LOI, marketing their studio begins with personalized support to ensure they generate maximum leads.
- Recruitment: Stride Fitness knows that staff is the foundation of a studio’s success. New owners receive assistance in hiring and developing the most qualified coaches, general managers and sales teams.
- Comprehensive training: Each new franchisee will attend a three-day training course at the brand’s corporate headquarters in Southern California, an invitation to the annual franchise convention and ongoing weekly maintenance. The new owner’s staff will also undergo extensive sales training to ensure the team achieves the studio’s goals.
Stride Fitness not only provides extensive training and support to each franchisee, but also develops trainers. Through the Stride Certified Run program, all coaches learn how to dynamically lead class formats, practice safety and form correction, and empower clients of all ages and levels to cross their finish lines.
To learn more about franchise opportunities with Stride, please visit the Stride Fitness brand page at Entrepreneur‘c franchising website.
Related: The 3 Biggest Questions Facing the Fitness Industry