LAKE WORTH BEACH, Fla., July 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Summer in The Palm Beaches is full of opportunities to enjoy world-class arts and culture with hands-on classes and activities. The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is pleased to share unique programming that highlights specialized classes, events and entertainment suitable for children in Palm Beach County.
From art classes for everyone to a meet and greet with a baby alligator, these July cultural events and experiences are designed to spark creativity and enjoyment for residents and visitors alike. Below, find a selection of exciting activities and classes; For more information on these events, please visit palmbeachculture.com/events.
- Armory Art Center (West Palm Beach): Learn new skills in pottery and jewelry making with the Armory Art Center’s one-, two-, and three-day classes. Unique offerings include electro-engraving, pearls and beads, pottery wheel toss, wheel night meet and more. Find more information here.
- Boca Raton Museum School of Art (Boca Raton): Enjoy hands-on drawing, painting, photography, pottery classes and more at the Boca Raton Museum School of Art. Courses are $190 for a 4-week class. Learn more about these summer art classes for adults here.
- Lighthouse Art Center (Tequesta): Summer sessions are in full swing at the Lighthouse Art Center. Offerings include learning about Shibori, the ancient Japanese pattern-making technique; Raku, in which students glaze, paint and fire pots; and Glass Fusion, where students will learn how to cut glass and properly form a pattern using different colored glasses. Learn more about the classes and sign up here.
- Mounts Botanic Gardens (West Palm Beach): Nature lovers will enjoy the classes and offerings at the Highlands Botanical Garden this July. Garden Explorers Summer Camp offers hands-on science-based fun for children ages 7-11. They will learn how to hunt and identify macroinvertebrates, see the properties of mud up close with dirty hands, discover the sticky and amazing adaptations that plants have evolved to help them survive, learn how to grow and grow fruit, and vegetables, and more. Adults can get in on the action and explore their love of art and nature during the Garden’s Watercolor classes. Each class begins with a nature walk to inspire the day’s painting. For more information and registration, please visit here.
- Norton Museum of Art (West Palm Beach): Celebrate summer with a day of creativity and discovery at Games around World Family Day on Saturday, July 16. This family-friendly festival features a variety of programs in the galleries and garden of the Norton Museum of Art, including performances, hands-on projects, storytelling, creative entertainment and tours celebrating traditions from around the world. Highlights include a betting seminar, South Florida Pétanque Club and Palm Beach Chess sharing the basics and finer points of their games. See here for a full schedule.
- Sandoway Discovery Center (Delray Beach): Listen to an informative talk to learn about alligators and see a real baby alligator up close at the Sandoway Discovery Center Alligator Meet and Greet, held every Wednesday and Saturday in July at 2:30 p.m. Admission to the center is $6/person for ages 3 and up. For more information visit here.
- Resource depot (West Palm Beach): Create a portrait of GalleRE Guest Artist Workshop: Embroidered Felt Portraits with Caitlin Fraun on July 14 at The Resource Depot. Through felt and hand embroidery, artist Caitlin Fraun will guide you in creating a portrait that makes you think “so glad to see you!” every time you pass by. Bring a photo of someone or something special to you and create a lasting memory. For ages 10+. $15 per person. Learn more information and RSVP here.
- The square (West Palm Beach): The neighborhood comes alive with a Bubble Blast featuring an extravagant, immersive 15-minute bubble show for families at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm every Saturday and Sunday until 14 August. Cox Science Center and Aquarium, free bubble crafts with Rhythm & Hues and more. For information you can find here.
About the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is the official arts and culture support agency in the Palm Beaches, the Cultural Capital of Florida®. Headquartered in the historic Robert M. Montgomery, Jr. Building. in Downtown Lake Worth Beach, the Council presents exhibitions and performances featuring artists who live or work in Palm Beach County. The building also serves as the Florida-designated VISIT FLORIDA Certified Tourist Information Center, a helpful resource for visitors. The Council’s complementary Cultural Concierge program provides visitors with expert recommendations, free advice and enhanced access to local events, talent and venues.