As a service to our patients, Saint Francis Medical Center submits our bills to your insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. We will do our best to expedite your request. If you do not have health insurance, our Patient Accounts Representatives can discuss financial arrangements with you. We can also help you apply for Medicaid or other government assistance programs. Please visit our financial aid page for more information.
Please remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Although our facilities may be contracted with your carrier, not all services provided by Saint Francis Healthcare System may be covered by your specific plan. To better facilitate payment from your carrier, please check with your carrier’s Member Benefits Department that you have special plan coverage before receiving services. You will be financially responsible for paying your medical center bill. Contract status will need to be confirmed at the time of service, so please bring a copy of your insurance card with you to your medical center appointment. Your employer or insurance company may also require additional forms. Please review the terms of your insurance coverage to ensure you meet all requirements prior to your care. Call your insurance carrier if you have any questions.
We accept Medicare and Medicaid as well as insurance plans from the following providers:
Negotiated commercial insurance plans
- Aetna Health Incorporated
- In the First Health PPO network
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- In Network: Blue Access, PPO
- Out-of-Network: Blue Preferred, Pathway, HMO, New Directions Behavioral Health (Wal-Mart BCBS)
* Saint Francis Outpatient Center Imaging providers Poplar Bluff, Sikeston Imaging Center and Advanced Orthopedic Specialists are in network with Anthem Pathway and Anthem Blue Preferred products. Saint Francis Medical Center (hospital) and other Saint Francis Medical Partners providers are not in networks with these plans.
- Cigna Healthcare
- Out-of-Network: Connect Network – Marketplace Plan, Cigna Behavioral Health Network
- Coalition America, Inc.
- Comp Care of the Ozarks
- Comresults, LLC
- Healthcare in Coventry
- Out of Network: MHNet Behavioral Health Services
- Cox Health Plans
- Evolutions Prime Missouri
- Network of major rivers
- Healthlink® HMO
- Healthlink® PPO
- St. Francis Health Plans
- Out-of-Network: UnitedHealthcare Compass Benefit Plans, Navigation Benefit Plans, Basic Benefit Plans, Charter Benefit Plans
Contracted Medicaid plans
- Missouri Medicaid
- In Network: Missouri Care, Home State Health Plan, Traditional Medicaid – Mo Healthnet, Cenpatico Behavioral Health Services, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Illinois Medicaid
- In Network: Traditional Medicaid – Illinois Public Assistance (IPA), BlueCross Community Health Plans, Harmony Health Plan, Aetna Better Health of Illinois (IlliniCare Health), Meridian Health Plan
- Out-of-Network: Molina Healthcare, CountyCare Health Plan
- Healthy Blue Mo
- Kentucky Medicaid
- Arkansas Medicaid
Government plans adopted
- Traditional medical care
- All Medicare HMO, PFFS, PPO plans
- Saint Francis Medical Center contracts with United Healthcare Medicare Plan, Anthem Medicare Advantage, Aetna Gold Advantage, Aetna Coventry
- UnitedHealthcare VA Community Care Network
- Veterans Administration
Additional insurance information
To best meet the needs of our valued patients and the communities we are privileged to serve, Saint Francis continually reviews available contracting opportunities. If there are concerns about insurance coverage, please speak with your human resources department or insurance company to ensure that Saint Francis providers are in network. Your employer can exclusively exclude St. Francis from your insurance plan.
Please monitor this web page for updates or feel free to contact our Patient Financial Services Department by email or by phone at 573-331-5217 (option 4). Our customer service specialists can help you check the current status of insurance plans and contracts.
MO Health Matters offers a collection of videos featuring people who care about the health of their community and state.