Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Moody’s (NYSE: MCO):
- June 8, 2022 – Moody’s was downgraded by Atlantic Securities analysts from “overweight” to “neutral”. They now have a target price of $ 298.00 for the shares, which was previously a drop of $ 370.00.
- June 7, 2022 – The price of Moody’s was reduced by analysts at the Royal Bank of Canada from $ 344.00 to $ 329.00.
- June 6, 2022 – Moody’s lowers its target price from analysts at UBS Group AG from $ 308.00 to $ 288.00. They now have a “neutral” stock rating.
- June 3, 2022 – Moody’s was downgraded by Barclays PLC analysts from an overweight rating to an equal weight rating. They now have a target price of $ 285.00 for the shares, which was previously a drop of $ 350.00.
- June 2, 2022 – Moody’s price target was reduced by Morgan Stanley analysts from $ 318.00 to $ 305.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the shares.
- June 2, 2022 – Moody’s lowers its price target for analysts at Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft from $ 372.00 to $ 324.00.
- June 2, 2022 – Moody’s lowers its price target for analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $ 331.00 to $ 309.00.
- May 3, 2022 – Moody’s price target was reduced by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $ 375.00 to $ 331.00.
- May 3, 2022 – Moody’s price target was reduced by analysts at Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft from $ 408.00 to $ 372.00.
- May 3, 2022 – Moody’s price target was reduced by analysts at Barclays PLC from $ 400.00 to $ 350.00.
- May 3, 2022 – Moody’s lowers its price target from analysts Robert W. Baird from $ 363.00 to $ 342.00.
- May 3, 2022 – Moody’s price target was reduced by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from $ 395.00 to $ 350.00.
The NYSE MCO traded up $ 2.23 on Monday, reaching $ 255.87. 31,132 shares of the stock traded at an average volume of 1,025,691. The company’s 50-day simple moving average is $ 299.38, and its 200-day simple moving average is $ 332.12. The company has a fast ratio of 1.36, a current ratio of 1.36 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.82. The company has a market capitalization of $ 47.21 billion, a price / profit ratio of $ 24.23, a P / E / G ratio of 2.17 and a beta ratio of 1.19. Moody’s Co. has a 12-month low of $ 251.01 and a 12-month high of $ 407.94.
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO – Get Rating) last released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, May 2nd. The business service provider reported earnings of $ 2.89 per share for the quarter, lacking a consensus estimate of $ 2.90 s ($ 0.01). The company had revenue of $ 1.52 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $ 1.51 billion. Moody’s has a return on equity of 79.22% and a net profit of 32.18%. Business revenues decreased by 4.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business earned $ 4.06 earnings per share. As a group, stock analysts predict that Moody’s Co. will report EPS of 10.71 for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday (June 10th). The record shareholders on Friday, May 20, received a dividend of $ 0.70 per share. The date of the former dividend on this dividend was Thursday, May 19. This represents a dividend of $ 2.80 on an annual basis and a dividend yield of 1.09%. Moody’s dividend payout ratio is 26.52%.
In other news, director Raymond W. McDaniel sold 10,000 shares of Moody’s in a deal on Friday (May 6th). The shares were sold at an average price of $ 299.41, for a total transaction of $ 2,994,100.00. After the deal, the director now owns 57,503 shares of the company worth $ 17,216,973.23. The sale is disclosed in documentation in the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is available through this link. Insiders own 0.38% of the company’s shares.
Institutional investors and hedge funds have recently added or reduced their stakes. Dark Forest Capital Management LP acquired a new stake in Moody’s in the third quarter worth $ 31,000. The US National Bank raised its position in Moody’s by 177.1% in the first quarter. The US National Bank already owns 97 shares of the $ 33,000 business service provider after buying an additional 62 shares in the last quarter. Ten Capital Wealth Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in Moody’s in the fourth quarter worth $ 39,000. City State Bank acquired a new stake in Moody’s in the fourth quarter worth about $ 35,000. Finally, Tcwp LLC acquired a new stake in Moody’s in the first quarter worth about $ 38,000. 91.43% of the shares are owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Moody’s Corporation operates as an integrated global risk assessment company. It operates in two segments, Moody’s Investors Service and Moody’s Analytics. The Moody’s Investors Service segment publishes credit ratings and provides valuation services for various debt obligations, programs and facilities, as well as entities that issue such obligations, such as various corporate, financial institutions and government liabilities, and structured finance securities.
Receive news and reviews for Moody’s Co Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a brief daily summary of the latest news and analyst reviews for Moody’s Co and related companies with the FREE Daily Newsletter on MarketBeat.com.