The 60th Krasl on the Bluff Art Fair is just a few days away! On July 9 and 10, 172 artists from across the country will transform Lake Bluff Park into an outdoor art experience in the largest fundraiser for the Krasl Art Center (KAC). You can get your tickets and merchandise now (tickets and limited merchandise will be available at the fair), but there’s more to know about this year’s 60th holiday event!
· Block Party 60th Anniversary Celebration is Friday, July 8th from 5:00pm to 10:00pm on the KAC Oval Lawn. Learn more about tickets and groups at krasl.org/art-fair/block-party. Pets are not allowed. Official animals are welcome.
· Find the market st. Joe Farmers Market at Broad Street and Lake Boulevard both days.
· There are free activities on the territory of the KAC. Guests are invited to explore the KAC campus for a variety of activities throughout the weekend, including a collaborative art-making activity in the Thomas Freier “Art Dome,” located in KAC’s East Garden, which is dedicated in memory of Lupe Hopp.
· Water Street Glassworks, KAC Faculty and Guild and KAC Teen Council and Emerging Artists will be on KAC’s scenic oval lawn.
· Krasl Art Center galleries have more to discover this weekend. Three free exhibitions are on view during the art fair: Rethinking Monuments: American Sculpture in Its Time, 1850-2000, The Egg Art Prize, and a selection of original artwork and family photographs by Olga Krasl .
· Across Benton Harbor and St. Joseph, you can also discover new artwork as part of The New Biennial: 2022 Invitational.
There are still volunteer opportunities at this year’s Art Fair! Learn more and sign up at https://krasl.org/art-fair/volunteer-at-krasl-art-fair-on-the-bluff/
Guests should note that pets are not allowed in Lake Bluff Park during the event per city ordinance. Only service animals are allowed at the event. Lake Bluff Park is a pedestrian area only. Scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and hoverboards are not permitted and this is a smoke-free zone.
Parking and navigation St. JOSEPH
VIP parking is available to Collector Package holders starting at $65 for KAC members ($135 for non-members). Packages also include:
· Free entry to the Friday night Block Party on Friday 8th July
· *Saturday exclusive shopping for collectors only from 9 – 10 am
· Breakfast Buffet with the Artists at Schu’s on Saturday, June 9, 7-10am
· Bypass check-in and head straight to the red umbrella entrances
· Unlimited Access, Weekend Passes (with your Collector Pins)
· Access to the VIP Collectors Experience Lounge located on the grounds of the KAC.
· Parking of court, 811 Port Street, St. Joseph, MI
· Box Factory for the Arts, 1101 Broad Street, St. Joseph, MI
· There is also a city lot across the street across from the box factory.
THEY PAID A LOT TO SUPPORT NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
· Trinity Lutheran-613 Court Street, St. Joseph
Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School (Rose Center) – 301 Wayne Street, St. Joseph to benefit Laker Athletics
· Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School Teacher Parking Lot – 915 Pleasant Street, St. Joseph, Mi in favor of Laker Athletics
· Horizon Bank lot, 811 Ship Street, St. Joseph to benefit Laker Athletics
Your primary resource for navigating the Art Fair – The Guidebook – will be printed in the fourth (4) issue of MailMax in July, and copies will be available on-site at the event. The guide contains a map of the event and images of all participating artists, in addition to more arts-related resources throughout Berrien County during the art-filled weekend.
2022 Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff is presented by 1st Source Bank Wealth Advisory Services. Sponsored by Signature Toyota, 98.3 The Coast, MailMax, Pepsi Beverage Company of Benton Harbor, Southwest Michigan Tourist Council, Aisle Rocket, Boulevard Inn and Bistro, The Buck Burger and Brew, Forté Coffee, The Livery, Pier 33 Marina, Schu’s Grill & Bar, Waterfront Framing & Design and Wightman.