GRANGE GROVE TAILGATING | TAILGATER CONCIERGE | FOOTBALL TICKETS
CHAMPAIGN, IL – The 2022 edition of Grange Grove, Illinois’ premier pregame viewing venue, will reopen with a full lineup of entertainment planned for the season. Grange Grove features free community tailgating, live music, a kid’s zone, the Busey Bank Illini Sports Network radio show before the game and the best Illini gear and apparel in the Gameday Spirit Store. Grange Grove opens every match day at 7am and pre-game entertainment starts three hours before kick-off.
This year’s live music entertainment schedule is set:
- August 27 – Wyoming – Clayton Shay (Nashville, TN) Garrett Biggs grew up in the cornfields of Central Illinois performing classic rock and country music.
- September 10 – Virginia – Boat Drunks (Champaign, IL) in their 21stSt a year together, Boat Drunks are known for their Jimmy Buffet-style performance of edgy, tropical rock ‘n’ roll.
- September 22 – Chattanooga – Land of Panda (Akron, OH) Funk, Reggae Rockers – From Prince and Jimi Hendrix to Bob Marley and Scientist, not forgetting Frank Zappa, each band member contributes something different to the Land of Panda sound.
- October 8 – Iowa – Matt Ferranti (Nashville, TN) – Ferranti’s brings country style mixed with Detroit R&B, combining sultry lyrics, clever hooks and personal storytelling.
- October 15 — Minnesota – 90’s Daughter (Champaign, IL) The best party band in Central Illinois, singing the hits of the 80’s, 90’s and today.
- November 5 – Michigan State – Paige McKenzie (Charleston, SC) – From Fox’s hit reality show, The X-Factor, McKenzie’s vocal abilities run as deep as her country roots.
- Nov. 12 – Purdue – Filthy Janes (Danville, IL) The Dirty Janes they bring you classic rock with their own upbeat funky twist. They cover music you love from the 60s to the 90s.
CHILDREN’S ZONE: In addition to live musical entertainment, each week Grange Grove will feature a children’s zone with inflatables, face painting, balloon artists and interactive science experiences with Gameday Genomics from the Carl R. Wose Institute for Genomic Biology.
PRE-GAME RADIO SHOW: Fans can listen to the Busey Bank Illini Sports Network Illinois pre-game football broadcast live at Grange Grove as Brian Barnhart, Steve Kelly and Martin O’Donnell review the day’s game and interview guest experts. The official network pregame show begins one hour before kickoff with the local WDWS show hosted by Scott Beatty. The action of the radio show comes on the air two hours before the start.
GRANGE GROVE TAILGATING: The Grange Grove will be open from 5pm to 7pm the night before each game to allow fans to set up all tailgate items in advance. Backers will be able to park on the north side of the lot (lot 36) and drop off their items. No vehicles will be allowed in Grange Grove at any time. Students will be directed to the north section and the public will be directed to the south section.
Spaces will be limited to approximately 15’x15′ to accommodate everyone. Personal back tents and canopies must be 10’x10′ or smaller. No traffic on sidewalks or footpaths and no electrical power will be provided. Security will monitor the area at night; however, all items placed in the lot are left at the owner’s risk.
FREE SERVICE: Fans can now arrive at Memorial Stadium with a fully assembled tailgate complete with tent, tables, chairs and optional catering, televisions and beverages. Tailgater Concierge offers four different tailgate sizes and price points, and tailgates can be reserved for the entire season as well as per game. The tailgates will be at Grange Grove and will receive the first seating option before the general public has access to the area the night before the game.
- Field Goal – 1-10 Tailgaters, 10×10 prime space
- Touchdown – 11-20 Tailgaters, 10×20 premium space
- Safety – 21-34 rear doors, 15×20 premium space
- Championship – 35-50 Tailgaters, 20×25 premium space
- Groups of 50+ can customize tailgates in Lot 31, Grange Grove or other group areas, with the purchase of 50 or more tickets.
Tailgater Concierge will provide tailgate gear, handle set up and take down, and have staff on site to help with anything else fans may need.