As the end of summer approaches, theaters around Northern Colorado and metro Denver are starting to release their upcoming 2022/23 season lineups and ticket packages.
From mind-blowing magic and big band performances to lively musicals and presentations by guest speakers, the theater offers a variety of entertainment for all ages.
Lincoln Center in Fort Collins, the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and the Cheyenne Civic Center are an hour and 15 minutes’ drive from Greeley and offer entertainment options for all ages, interests, and price points.
Below are some of the shows coming to Fort Collins, Denver and Cheyenne over the next few months.
If you don’t feel like driving to Denver or Cheyenne, Lincoln Center in Fort Collins offers a huge array of shows, concerts and talks less than an hour’s drive away.
Some of the programs planned for the 2022/23 season include:
- Friday, October 7 — ArtWear’s 20th Fashion Show
- Friday, October 14 — Kathleen Madigan: Do you have a ranch? Tour
- Friday, November 4th – Whose Life Is It Anyway? With special guest Drew Carey
- Sunday, Nov. 13 — The flower of Toloache
- Saturday, January 14 — ZUZU African Acrobats
- Wednesday, January 25 — Dreamers: Magos Herrera & Brooklyn Ryder @UCA
- Saturday, February 15 — Turning 15 on the road to freedom
- Friday, February 24 — Christian McBride’s new Jawn
- Sunday, March 12 — HYPROV: Improv Under Hypnosis featuring Colin Mochrie and Asad Mechi
- Thursday, March 23 — Nat Geo Live: Secrets of the Whales
- Friday, March 31 — The 5 Browns
- Thursday, April 6 — Nat Geo Live: Greenwood – A Century of Resilience
- Wednesday, April 12 — Borromeo String Quartet at UCA
- Thursday, April 20 — Anastasia
The theater, located at 417 W. Magnolia St., offers a variety of ticket packages as well as single ticket options. Tickets and packages for the 2022/23 season will go on sale on 10 August. For more information, to purchase tickets or to view the full season lineup, visit www.lctix.com.
If you haven’t seen a show at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, DCPA, it’s definitely worth a visit. Like Lincoln Center, DCPA offers a variety of entertainment including musicals, concerts, ballet and more.
Some of the highlights for the 2022/23 DCPA season include:
- August 2-14 — Pretty Woman: The Musical
- August 30 – September 11 – Hadestown
- Aug. 31-Dec. 18 — Theater of the mind
- September 7-25 — NEWS The Musical
- Sept. 30-Nov. 6 — Much ado about nothing
- October 4-9 — Come from afar
- Oct. 25-Nov. 6- Not Too Proud – The Life and Times of Temptation
- Oct. 28-Dec. 18— Little Red — New Musical
- November 2-20 — The Crown — Live!
- December 10-11 — Mannheim roller
- December 16-18 — Rudolph the Red Reindeer: The Musical
- December 20-January 1 — Mean Girls
- Jan. 24-Feb. 5 — To kill a mockingbird
- February 21-26 — STOMP
- March 31 – May 7 – The color purple
- May 31 – June 4 — Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts consists of several theaters: Buell Theatre, Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Garner Galleria Theatre, Jones Theatre, Kilstrom Theatre, Randy Weeks Conservatory Theatre, Singleton Theatre, and Wolf Theatre. The center is located at 1400 Curtis St. in downtown Denver.
There are plenty of restaurant and bar options around the center, so patrons are encouraged to come early and enjoy a meal before their show or stay for a few cocktails after a show.
The center offers parking, but the garage fills up quickly. Other parking options within walking distance to the DCPA are at:
- 1601 Curtis St.
- 1401 Lawrence St.
- 1515 Arapahoe St.
- 1587 Lawrence St.
As with Lincoln Center, DCPA offers a variety of ticket packages as well as single ticket options.
For more information about the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, a complete performance schedule, or to purchase tickets, visit www.denvercenter.org.
To the north, the Cheyenne Civic Center also hosts a variety of shows and events for all ages. The Cheyenne Civic Center is located at 510 W. 20th St. and is also less than an hour’s drive from Greeley.
Some of the shows coming to the center include:
- Thursday, September 22 — Joe Gatto
- Thursday, October 27 — Tom Segura: I’m Coming Everywhere World Tour
- Friday, October 28 — Wheel of Fortune Live!
- Friday, November 4 — The Commodores
- Sunday, November 6 — Chris D’Elia
- Wednesday, November 9 — The Black Jacket Symphony
- Saturday, December 3 — The Nutcracker
Ticket prices are based on performance and seat selection.
For more information about the Cheyenne Civic Center, upcoming shows or to purchase tickets, visit www.cheyennepresents.com.